Lee Baskerville – 3D Artist
I have worked as a professional artist for over 15 years now and I’m very happy to be still learning and pushing my skills to the limit. During my career I have created a great variety of content for some of the world’s leading advertising, design, visual effects and games companies.
- Currently working at Framestore London
- 2014 Texture Artist for Bigman3D Brighton
- 2014 Texture Artist at Framestore London. Film: Guardians of the Galaxy from Marvel studios.
- 2014 Texture Artist for Bigman3D Brighton
- 2014 3D Game content for Litmus Games Brighton
- 2013 Mari software training for DigiCave Brighton
- 2013 Product Animation for Bigman3D Brighton
- 2013 Freelance 3D Artist at Zoe Mode, Brighton. Power Star Golf for Xbox one. Environment asset modelling
- 2012 Freelance 3D Artist for Brondbjerg Design & Development, Tunbridge wells .
- 2012 Freelance 3D Artist at Zoe Mode, Brighton. Zumba Core Character Blendshape set up and Nintendo Wii game meshes
- 2012 Freelance 3D Artist at Mind Orchard, Brighton.
- 2012 Freelance 3D Artist at Big Man Ltd , Brighton. Animator on Systagenix product animation x10
- 2010-2012 – Lead Artist at Big Man Ltd. Clients include BBC, Systagenix, Bacardi, Scottish Widows, Jellyfish Pictures, Sony London, Superfad and Unichrome.
- 2009 – 3D Artist at Shadow Light Games, London. Projects included ‘Hungry Shark 1,2,3’, ‘PDC Darts’ & ‘Dead Money’.
- 2009 – Freelance Character Artist at Passion Pictures London.
- 2009 – Freelance Texture Artist for ED & J Studios2008 /2009 – Character Artist for Mobstar Media Brighton
- 2007 / 2008 – One year out for Masters Degree in 3D Computer Animation at Bournemouth University.
- 2005 / 2007 – 2D Artist for Delaney Digital in Brighton. 2004 / 2005 – 2D Artist at SoftTalk studios Brighton
- 2007-2008 Bournemouth University: MA 3D Computer Animation with Distinction
- 1998-2001 Brighton University: BA (Hons) Illustration degree
- 1997-1998 West Notts College: BTEC Art and Design foundation course
- 1990-1997 Elizabethan High School: 3 A’ Levels: Art grade A. Design & Technology grade A. History grade C.
- 8 GCSE’s: A* grade in Art, A grade in Design & Technology plus 6 other subject grades C to B.
- I have been using 2D art applications for over 15 years. I am fluent with art programs such as Photoshop & Illustrator.
- 6 years of Maya and Mental ray experience. I use stand alone applications such as Headus UV layout and XNormal in conjunction with Maya. I have also used XSI and 3DS Max professionally.
- 6 years experience in Zbrush. I also have experience using Mudbox.
- 1 years experience with Mari on projects such as Planet Dinosaur and next gen titles for XBOX and PS3.
- I have used Photogrammetry software such as ImageModeler.
- Over the years I have used many proprietary tools such as Tile studio and worked with engineers on in house tool to design new functionality and scripts/plugins.
- I have created Videos in After effects and Adobe Premier. I am currently learning Nuke to composite my latest personal projects.
- After years of creating assets for interactive entertainment, I am skilled in the creation of low-poly meshes, optimised graphics and animation with consideration for specific performance limitations.
Texture Painting, Character modelling, Concept design, Illustration, Product Animations, 2D Game assets and animation.
- 2017 FILM: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
- 2017 FILM: King Arthur Legend of the Sword
- 2017 FILM: Beauty and the Beast
- 2016 FILM: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
- 2016 FILM: Doctor Strange
- 2016 FILM: The Legend of Tarzan
- 2015 FILM: The Martian
- 2015 FILM: Avengers Age of Ultron
- 2014 FILM: Guardians of the Galaxy
- 2013 GAME: Powerstar Golf Xbox One
- 2013 BOOK: Worked featured in Expose 11
- 2012 GAME: Blendshape setup for ‘Zumba Core’ Xbox 360
- 2012 GAME: 3D Characters for ‘Zumba Core’ Nintendo Wii
- 2012 Systagenix Product Animations Featured in June Issue of Creative Review
- 2011 GAME: 3D Characters for ‘Zumba Fitness 2’ Nintendo Wii
- 2011 GAME: 3D Characters for ‘Zumba Rush’ Xbox 360
- 2011 TV: Planet Dinosaur BBC (3D assets)
- 2011 TV: Frankensteins’s Wedding Promo BBC (3D Assets)
- 2011 BOOK: ‘3DS Max Automotive modelling’ (Focal Press)
- 2011 GAME: 3D Characters for ‘Motorstorm 3’ (Evolution /SCEE)
- 2011 Animated Exhibits for Glasgow Riverside museum
- 2011 GAME: Level artwork for ‘Crush 3D’ (Zoe Mode)
- 2010 CONCERT: Capital FM Animations for Jingle Bell Ball at the O2 Arena. (I modelled and animated 3 shots)
- 2010 WEB: Animations for Bacardi & Jack Daniels
- 2010 FILM: Gallowwalker (Texture Painting on 2 shots)
- 2010 WEB: Scottish Widows Animations
- 2009 GAME: PDC Darts (Future Games of London)
- 2009 GAME: Hungry Shark (Future Games of London)
- 2009 GAME: Dead Money (Future Games of London)
- 2009 MAGAZINE: 3D Artist Magazine (October issue) (UK)
- 2009 MAGAZINE: 3D World Magazine (UK)
- 2008 MAGAZINE: Computer Arts Magazine (June issue) (UK)
- 2008 WEB: Article on VFXworld.com
- 2008 WEB: Article on Massive Software Website
In my spare time I benefit from a very broad range of educational and entertainment media. I like to read up on all manner of art & design, science and technology subjects. Staying on the cutting edge of CGI means there is always plenty of reading material to soak up. I enjoy portrait painting in my free time as well as observational sketching when on my travels.
References and a wide range of work samples are available on request.